Thursday, January 7, 2010

Relentless

Today my boss handed me a letter that was intercepted before reaching the big boss. In it was a fabrication of a site visit in which I used one profane word in the following sentence "That's F---ing unfair." This sentence was used after I was harrassed, threatened and insulted by a man who dislikes having a woman in a place of authority. He insulted me personally. It's been the same everytime I met with him, he always trying to put me down and undo me, insult me or my expertise. He was always looking for a fight and that day, he got one. He is an evil person, a person who wants to control women, a man with a bad case of little man syndrome. The only way the episode would have been avoided was to have brought someone with me. The intercepted letter was full of lies and with the exception of the profane word, I did nothing wrong. I stood my ground because I had to. Is it my fault that some men can't respect women? Why is this my problem? Why do I have a letter written about me, when the problem was his? It was like I was set up to go out there and look at a stream, getting set up to have this guy under my skin, then to threaten to go over my head and work with my boss, exactly what I told him he was welcome to do. The letter is his having a say, a last word. Like that proves that he is right. The letter took 2 weeks to write and not a word of it was true. So, then my boss says that I'm relentless. At first that may sound like an insult and maybe he was just trying to politely tell me that I should back down, but honestly, smart women do not back down. Smart women take chances and tell the truth, even if others can't bear to hearit. There are those who respect my guts and determination and passion. Then there are those that would like to me go away. Sorry to the second group, sorry to the weaklings who can't stick up for themselves, I'm not like you. I say what needs to be said, I don't quiver behind whispers and tell lies to people's faces. I sit up and tell it like it is. I am proud to be relentless, when it matters. I will always be relentless when it matters. I will always stand my ground, show my passion and stick up for myself. No one gets to shove me around with manipulation and lies. Thank goodness I never have to work that man again. I don't have to take that abuse from anyone. He's a piddly engineer who thinks he owns the world. I wish he would go away. But he won't. He's just one of those people that now I get to avoid for the rest of my life. I honesty don't think I did anything wrong. It was just a site visit, it was just a discussion. There was no confrontation, no unwillingness. He wanted to push my around, I wouldn't let him. He got mad and wrote a nasty letter. So what. I hope he feels better now that he got the last word. Well, not really. I got the last word, right here. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment